[erlang-questions] Order of monitor signal(s)

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Thu Nov 30 16:01:42 CET 2017

Hello,

There is a statement that Erlang messages may be not delivered, but message order is always preserved relative to two processes. This is a statement regarding the ordinal message… Is this statement valid when we are talking about monitor messages in relation to ordinal message? I have strong feeling that it is not guaranteed.

So, let’s assume we have a process A that sends async message to process B and quits. The process B listens messages for process A and monitors it with erlang:monitor(process, A). I am suspecting that there are no guarantee that message will be delivered before exit signal. Am I right?

Thank you in advanced!

Best Regards,
Dmitry