[erlang-questions] EEP 47: Syntax in try/catch to retrieve the stacktrace directly

Björn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Mon Nov 27 15:26:37 CET 2017

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 9:41 AM, Richard Carlsson
<carlsson.richard@REDACTED> wrote:
> I agree that this is a good change. I can't even recall exactly why we went
> with the get_stacktrace() BIF - particularly since the value is already
> present as a variable under the hood. But I guess it was precisely to avoid
> such discussions about pattern matching on stack traces or having arbitrary
> restrictions such as "may only be a variable" on a part of a pattern. But I
> think such a restriction makes sense.

I have a vague memory that it was also problems with the parser. I had
to to refactor the yecc rules a bit to get it to work.

/Björn