[erlang-questions] user agent parsing.

John Doe donpedrothird@REDACTED
Fri May 26 17:27:44 CEST 2017

Check the  https://browscap.org - the csv database, it's the most complete
one of the lot. I doubt you'll be able to keep the database up to date
yourself. Even if you manage to gather one right now. It will become
obsolete very fast.

Also you can't just compare useragents "as is" with the database of
useragents, as often useragents have some additional parts added by
plugins, minor browser versions or even proxies, so you would need to split
 useragent and look up known features of known useragents in the current
useragent, just to be able to detect if not all but at least some features.
The browscap has such trees of features.