[erlang-questions] Avoid ~/.erlang.cookie creation

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Fri May 19 14:25:17 CEST 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 1:59 PM, Salikhov Dinislam <
Dinislam.Salikhov@REDACTED> wrote:

> An afterthought:
> Wouldn't it be useful if erl would warn about incorrect options passed?
> IMO, it could reduce time to find some silly errors (like my own :) ).

There is no way for erl to know what is a correct option or not. The
-setcooke option could be something that you application gets via
init:get_arguments() and uses.

If you pass an incorrect VM option (i.e. the options with the '+' prefix),
you do get errors.

Lukas