[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP interpreter (erl) not found butrequired

Nuku Ameyibor nayibor@REDACTED
Wed May 3 14:15:57 CEST 2017

[ec2-user@REDACTED ~]$ *export PATH=$PATH: ~/kerl/17.1/bin/erl*

this line is wrong .it should be
* export PATH=$PATH: ~/kerl/17.1/bin*

also in this step
[ec2-user@REDACTED ejabberd-17.03]$ *./configure*
it should be
* ./configure –bindir=~/home/ec2-user/kerl/17.1/bin*

also i though you were installing on a fedora box ?
why not try the fedora option for the erlang installation  ?