[erlang-questions] simple virtual file system in Erlang?

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sun Mar 26 22:56:30 CEST 2017

Hi Marco,

There is an undocumented module in the kernel application called ram_file which could allow you to use file functions while operating on data that is only in-memory.  Despite how advantageous this can be, to switch from in-memory file operations to filesystem operations, you shouldn't use that approach until it becomes documented, since it could be removed at any time.  So far, it appears the ram_file module will be removed based on the closed bug at https://bugs.erlang.org/browse/ERL-36

Best Regards,
Michael