[erlang-questions] Cowboy handler: wait for slow backend

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Tue Mar 21 19:26:32 CET 2017

It's a known issue:

https://github.com/ninenines/cowboy/issues/1032#issuecomment-280765513

A temporary fix is to set a larger request_timeout. Check the commit by
Benoit linked to the issue for an example.

It will be fixed sometimes before 2.0 is released.

On 03/21/2017 07:22 PM, Frank Muller wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I’m facing a little strange issue with Cowboy (latest from GitHub).
>
> My backend (a DB) takes couple of seconds before returning a result.
>
> The problem is that my Cowboy’ handler seems to close the connexion with
> the client before my backend returns. Or wait forever!!!
>
> Is there a way to tell Cowboy to wait let say 30sec before closing the
> connexion with the client ???
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> /Frank

Loïc Hoguin