[erlang-questions] Serve PHP/Python scripts behind Erlang

Raghav Karol raghav.karol@REDACTED
Mon Mar 20 14:26:11 CET 2017

Hi Frank,

It might be worthwhile to look into Cowboy + RabbitMQ RPC. I have seen this
pattern used in production, (<10 ms latency in AWS).

Cowboy  handles web requests and makes AMQP RPC calls to a PHP (Python)
service. You get all the benefits (and drawbacks) of having a queue of
work, e.g., being able to start multiple workers dynamically to scale up
and down.

--
Raghav

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Frank Muller <frank.muller.erl@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> What’s the most efficient way to run PHP (Python) scripts behind Erlang?
>
> I would like to receive HTTP requests in Cowboy and forward them to a
> PHP/Python backend.
>
> Get the response back from the backend and forward it to the client.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> /Frank

Raghav