[erlang-questions] origin of handle_info/2

Brady Powers powers_brady@REDACTED
Fri Mar 17 18:42:12 CET 2017

"handle_other"
"handle_all"
"handle_else"

The above, in my opinion as a native english speaker, portray the intent of "handle_info" better than the actual name. Now I'm not very good at naming, so my suggestions could be equally confusing to others, but I find it hard to support "handle_info" as a good name.

    On Friday, March 17, 2017 8:20 AM, Roger Lipscombe <roger@REDACTED> wrote:

 On 17 March 2017 at 11:36, Per Hedeland <per@REDACTED> wrote:
> Maybe the OP has a term in mind, that would be better at conveying the
> meaning "any other stuff that someone sends us"?

As an also-native English speaker, I vote for "handle_gubbins" :)