[erlang-questions] snmpc: Compiling LLDP-MIB failled

Martin Bjorklund mbj@REDACTED
Wed Mar 15 11:06:21 CET 2017

Hi,

fxmy wang <fxmywc@REDACTED> wrote:
> raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED>:
>
> > I have now tried with the 'smilint' tool and it does not find any errors,
> > so this is probably a legitimate way to write a MIB.
> >
> > If so our MIB compiler needs to be rewritten to do two passes; one handling
> > anything not augmented, and one handling augmentation.

We have a fix for this bug in our (forked) snmp implementation.  A
patch is included if you're interested.  The idea is that the
definitions are sorted so that any augment ends up after the augment
target; then the processing can be left as-is.

Unfortunately the code is not 100% correct; specifically it puts the
definition after the MODULE-COMPLIANCE so the compiler later complains
that the compliance reference is invalid (which is not correct (but it
works for us)).

In order to be really correct, the code needs to be completely
order-independent...

/martin