[erlang-questions] Reading serial data from a USB Gamepad

qp quantumpotato@REDACTED
Sun Mar 12 17:57:03 CET 2017

Hi,

I want to read USB data from a Gamepad in Erlang to play a game.

Programs like JoyToKey and Enjoyable convert Gamepad inputs to keyboard
input, but they only send 1 character so using io:read would require an
additional "return" press to send the input.

Where do I start looking to learn how to read gamepads? I've heard that
Erlang ports can be used to interact with the world outside the Erlang
shell but I have no idea where to look. I found erlang-serial on Github but
had trouble installing it https://github.com/tonyg/erlang-serial/issues/14

Thank you!