[erlang-questions] bitcoin blockchain
Wed Mar 8 08:13:57 CET 2017
The code looks great - nicely written :-)
Next step - download the first 20 blocks and *completely* understand them.
BTW - I have a few really stupid questions:
I guess these have been answered before and elsewhere,
so I'm just like hints as to where to find the answers.
- How did Satoshi Nakamoto (SN) publish/spread the first bitcoins?
- Does a bitcoin user have to download the entire bitcoin chain to do anything?
- How much data does an owner of a bitcoin need to store locally
(just their Private key and the hash of the bitcoin???)
- How did SN spend the first bitcoins (did he just give them away)
- How much is the residual value of SN's coins
- How does bitcoin scale into the future - can we make cutoff points
and assume we don't need to go back to the genesis block - ie
assume the genesis block is number 1,000,000 and not bother to go back
On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 1:51 AM, Steve Davis
> Hi Joe,
> You might find this repo helpful:
> In particular, downloading and parsing old blocks in this:
> I have more code related, so if there were something particular missing, let
> me know and I’d be happy to share.
More information about the erlang-questions