[erlang-questions] Erlang dependencies

Felipe Beline fe.belineb@REDACTED
Wed Mar 8 01:49:34 CET 2017

Hello,

A dependency should provide a way to be registered in the application
supervisor?

Ex:

I'm using a framework and almost everything that I have in my application
will be supervised by the framework itself. (Framework supervision tree)

But then I want to create some crazy stuff that needs to be supervised by
my application. (App supervision tree)

And then I starting to use a database driver that has his own supervisor as
well. (Db Driver supervision tree)

The point is:

Is ok to have 3 different supervision trees that does not communicate by
them-selfs?
(As if for example the framework supervisor dies probably something really
bad had happened in erlang vm, and everything should die as well)

or

All dependencies should provide a way to be registered in the application
supervisor? (And then everything will be tied by the Application
supervision tree, even if does not seems fully necessary)

Cheers,
Felipe