[erlang-questions] Common Test last test report

Raghav Karol raghav.karol@REDACTED
Tue Mar 7 10:02:08 CET 2017

+1 to this request. I love common_test, but and this is my biggest pain
point. It's either a few clicks in the browser to the see the last failure
or a  `find sort cat` like command to see the latest report.

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017 at 12:20 AM, Loïc Hoguin <essen@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It's still difficult to get to the last test report in Common Test.
> Currently the URI looks like this:
>
> file:///home/essen/ninenines/cowboy/logs/ct_run.ct_cowboy@lo
> calhost.2017-02-25_00.02.28/ninenines.cowboy.rfc7540_SUITE.
> logs/run.2017-02-25_00.02.29/suite.log.html
>
> Which is great, I can always go back and compare, and sometimes that's
> what I want (when I test across Erlang releases, for example). But when I'm
> fixing a bug, I tend to run a small set of tests, maybe a single suite, or
> sometimes even just a single group or a single test case. When I do that,
> things becomes more difficult than they should be because I can't simply
> refresh the page to get the new report, I have to go back, refresh on the
> all_runs.html page, and follow the links from there.
>
> Would it be possible for Common Test to maintain a separate directory
> always containing the latest report? For example:
>
> file:///home/essen/ninenines/cowboy/logs/ct_run.ct_cowboy@lo
> calhost.latest/ninenines.cowboy.rfc7540_SUITE.logs/run.lates
> t/suite.log.html
>
> With a URI like this I can repeat the test run, refresh in my browser and
> get the new report instantly. (And keep the history separate should I need
> to compare.)
>
> Alternatively, have an option to disable the timestamps so I can just
> refresh when I need it, although the history wouldn't be preserved in this
> case.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Loïc Hoguin