[erlang-questions] Making erlang more realtime?

Ilya Shcherbak tthread@REDACTED
Fri Mar 3 18:44:21 CET 2017

hi,

sorry, but the issue is unclear for me. can you describe a bit more
specific a high level issue. why do you need to send frames in 17ms
interval? it shouldn't be a requirement for a sender by design in my
understanding.

The constant delay doesn't look like a right solution for any reason:
- network spikes won't be resolved due to difference I/P/B frame sizes;
(need to have a smart algorithm of a sender queue)
- playback sync won't be resolved due to network/receiver fluctuations;
(need to have JB on a receiver)

You can check an implementation of a sender queue in WebRTC project:
modules/pacing/paced_sender.cc for instance.

If you are transmitting high res video in a local network and facing an
issue with transmitting you can try to tune socket buffer sizes for
send/recv.

Probably i missed something and you can add more information about an
initial task.