[erlang-questions] Desperately looking for official Erlang tests results

Björn Gustavsson bjorn@REDACTED
Fri Mar 3 07:31:17 CET 2017

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 5:33 PM, REIX, Tony <tony.reix@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi Björn
>
> Thanks for studying.
>
> I had already looked at these error messages. Here is below what I got about test.emulator_test .
>
> This is due to : ts_install_cth failed! exit:{{make_failed,make},[{ts_make,make,1,
>
> I have this issue both on AIX and on FC25/x86_64.
> I guess that this issue should NOT appear on FC25/x86_64. However, I have it 48 times.
>
> On AIX, there are probably MANY reasons why this ts_install_cth failed.
> However, on FC25./x86_64, I am VERY surprised that this fails.
> However, the guy who ported Erlang on FC25/x86_64 said to me that he did not run the Erlang tests...
> Since I found that their RPM .spec file was missing a Request: instruction for the C++ compiler (leading to errors at build), I guess that their .spec file may contain other issues.

Yes, it seems that not all necessary include files are included.
Without those files, it is not possible to compile drivers
or NIF libraries.

To avoid debugging an incorrect RPM .spec and failing test
cases at the same time, I suggest that you ignore the RPM
for now and use our git repository, at least on FC25.

Out wiki pages should contain enough information:

https://github.com/erlang/otp/wiki

If you would prefer to fix the RPM .spec, you must make sure that
the following files are copied to the same directory as erl_nif.h:

erl_fixed_size_int_types.h
erl_int_sizes_config.h
erl_memory_trace_parser.h

That is, in your case, the files should be in:

/root/rpmbuild/BUILD/otp-OTP-19.2.3/erts/emulator/beam

/Björn