[erlang-questions] Making erlang more realtime?

Vans S vans_163@REDACTED
Thu Mar 2 21:17:29 CET 2017

I currently need to stream 60 frames per second of video and I made a simple test case using erlang.

I have 1 gen_server doing a erlang:send_after every 17ms, when the handle_info procs it calls

os:perf_counter(1000) then compares the last time to the current, if the difference is > 20,
print to console.

Iv noticed that about every 2-3 seconds, the send_after arrives around in 20-23ms, this is not
respecting the millisecond realtime nature that I thought Erlang can provide.

Is there any VM arguments that could be passed to increase the realtime properties or other
things that can be done?

The testcase is just a naked rebar app with 1 gen_server not doing anything else.