[erlang-questions] Send VM metrics to Grafana

Jack Tang himars@REDACTED
Wed Mar 1 11:30:23 CET 2017

Thank you for the hits, guys. We hook customized gen_event to error_logger
like lager, and collect the crashed information. Also mnesia metrics are
added. After some tests the code will be put to github :)

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Roger Lipscombe <roger@REDACTED>
wrote:

> On 28 February 2017 at 20:43, Anthony Molinaro
> <anthonym@REDACTED> wrote:
> > I haven't done it, but isn't there a gen_event behind the error_logger
> you can somehow tap into to collect this?
>
> lager[1] hooks into error_logger to convert process crashes, etc. into
> error reports. If you want specific stats, you could take a look at
> how it does it.
>
> Or you could do what we do, which is simply to convert the
> warning/error/etc. lager events into metrics, by using a custom lager
> backend. You lose the per-process stats, but you still get a good
> overview.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/erlang-lager/lager

Jack Tang

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jacktang