[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP 20.0-rc2 is available for testing

Adam Jensen hanzer@REDACTED
Wed Jun 7 01:24:39 CEST 2017

On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 17:22:18 -0400
Adam Jensen <hanzer@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to build Erlang/OTP 20.0-rc2 with clang/llvm Release 4.0 on Scientific Linux 7.3 (a RHEL clone). "$ERL_TOP/HOWTO/INSTALL.md" seems to suggest that compiling with clang is supported/possible but "configure" dies fairly early [for me].

[snip]

> export LIBS=/usr/lib:/usr/lib64:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib64:$HOME/.local/llvm/lib/

Someone described the problem (outside of the mailing list) which was my misuse/misunderstanding of the "LIBS" environment variable. When "LIBS" is left unset, the compilation completes and passes the tests as expected.

Thanks!