[erlang-questions] Calling disconnect_node crashes script with "init terminating in do_boot (noconnection)"

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Fri Jun 2 16:28:25 CEST 2017

I've got an escriptized script that was working fine yesterday when
talking to an Erlang 17.x node. Today, I'm attempting to use it to
talk to an Erlang 19.x node, and my script is dying.

The script connects to remote nodes, loads a beam module into them,
calls that module using RPC and then disconnects.

But when I call erlang:disconnect_node(Node), my escript dies with the
following:

    {"init terminating in do_boot",noconnection}
    init terminating in do_boot (noconnection)

    Crash dump is being written to: erl_crash.dump...done

This doesn't appear to be trappable (try/catch doesn't appear to
work); the only way I can seem to avoid it is by removing the call to
disconnect_node.

I've run the script under Erlang 17 and Erlang 19, talking to the
Erlang 19 node, and it fails in the same way. Yesterday, running under
Erlang 17, talking to an Erlang 17 node, it was fine.

What can I do to investigate this further?