[erlang-questions] How does Erlang kill port processes?

Albin Stigö albin.stigo@REDACTED
Sun Jul 16 18:28:19 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have a program that relies on C API calls to the Linux bluetooth
stack (bluez) so I wrote a port program for that...

There seems to be a bug in the version of the bluez stack I'm using
that requires programs to clean up after themselves or the program
will fail on the next execution (I guess some garbage state in driver
/ hardware).

I have tried to catch SIGPIPE/SIGTERM and check for EPIPE in my port
but it doesn't seem to work. How does Erlang kill ports? SIGKILL?

Any ideas on how to clean up on exit..? I realise this is very fragile
but as of now I need to work around this bug...

--Albin