[erlang-questions] xmerl and the xml namespace

Lars Thorsen lars.thorsen@REDACTED
Wed Jan 11 07:29:39 CET 2017

Hi,

this is clearly a bug and I will create an internal ticket for it.

If you want to keep track on it create a bug report in Jira (http://bugs.erlang.org/).

BR Lars

OTP Team

________________________________
From: erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED <erlang-questions-bounces@REDACTED> on behalf of Karolis Petrauskas <k.petrauskas@REDACTED>
Sent: Saturday, January 7, 2017 10:05:31 PM
To: erlang-questions@REDACTED
Subject: [erlang-questions] xmerl and the xml namespace

Hello erlangers,

I tried to parse XML document containing namespaced elements using
xmerl. The document contain xml:lang attributes and no declaration for
the xml prefix. The minimal example reproducing the error is bellow.

1> catch xmerl_scan:string("<a xml:lang='en_US'/>",
[{namespace_conformant, true}]).

{'EXIT',{fatal,{{namespace_prefix_not_declared,"xml"},
                {file,file_name_unknown},
                {line,1},
                {col,23}}}}

The same XML document is parsed successfully with {namespace_conformant, false}.

The XML specification (https://www.w3.org/TR/xml-names/#xmlReserved)
says, that the xml prefix can be used without declaration and must
refer to "http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace".

Is this a bug in xmerl, or I misunderstand something?

Karolis