[erlang-questions] Noob Question

Mon Feb 13 19:54:35 CET 2017

I'm not sure it is what you are after, but perhaps it can hit the
battleship in a few shots if we try:

Is 'erl -init_debug' what you are after in order to figure out what is the
problem in the initialization phase? You can often figure out a way to pass
that option to a release (by supplying it as part of the virtual machine
arguments).

Another trick is to look around the message. Often, when do_boot() fails,
it logs what is the problem around it.

Also, I've always found the Erlang boot sequence a bit lacking in
information when debugging it, but perhaps I have just used it incorrectly.