[erlang-questions] lib/syntax_tools uses LGPL-2.0 + license

Kenneth Lundin kenneth@REDACTED
Fri Feb 10 09:02:25 CET 2017

Hi,

The license of Syntax tools is changed to Apache-2 and LGPL (it is the
users choice) in the master branch (which is the way to
the next major release (OTP 20) in end of June.

And yes you can leave out syntax tools for most usage. It is mostly used
during development for some non mandatory tools.
For example it is used by edoc the tool for generating documentation from
the source code.

It is unlikely to be used in a deployed server.

/Kenneth, Erlang/OTP Ericsson