[erlang-questions] Send VM metrics to Grafana

Anthony Molinaro anthonym@REDACTED
Thu Feb 9 21:55:20 CET 2017

If you want the flexibility of swapping out where you send metrics to without changing application code you might consider MonDemand (http://www.mondemand.org/).

We use it to send many millions of metrics every minute and currently write those to RRDs which are accessed by grafana via graphite.  In the past I wrote plugins to forward metrics to InfluxDB, OpenTSDB/KairosDB, Graphite, Riemann, and a few other custom backends.  I haven't looked at it but adding something like Prometheus is possible assuming a decent client library exists.

Mondemand client libraries exist in Erlang, Java, and C (SWIG compatible and we've wrapped perl and python).  The Erlang client library has been embedded in both Elixir and Erlang without issue for years.

If you have any interest in checking it out and need help with setup or questions let me know.

-Anthony