[erlang-questions] Send VM metrics to Grafana

Andre Graf andre@REDACTED
Thu Feb 9 20:26:28 CET 2017

Hi Frank,

VerneMQ, the project I am working at these days has chosen the
Prometheus path too. However, we currently don't use the mentioned
library as most of our metrics (including vm stats) are either gauges or
counters it was very simple to expose them directly using a Cowboy HTTP
handler returning the metrics in text/plain.

The HTTP handler code is available here:
https://github.com/erlio/vernemq/blob/master/apps/vmq_server/src/vmq_metrics_http.erl#L47-L61

The code that sets up the metrics is here:
https://github.com/erlio/vernemq/blob/master/apps/vmq_server/src/vmq_metrics.erl

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Andre