[erlang-questions] Read-only binary: does it stay in the same memory location?

Dmytro Lytovchenko dmytro.lytovchenko@REDACTED
Fri Dec 22 00:12:57 CET 2017

No, the binary will not be moved unless there is some scan algorithm
implemented in GC to visit all process heaps, all registers and all stacks
and possibly all ETS tables and update all pointers to a moved binary.
Which i really doubt it is happening. So no, it will never be moved until
garbage collected.