[erlang-questions] Memory leak in SSL

Danil Zagoskin z@REDACTED
Mon Aug 21 13:36:05 CEST 2017

Hi Ingela!

We've hit presumably the same bug on OTP 20.
That's what I found:
  1. This patch
https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/256e01ce80b3aadd63f303b9bda5722ad313220f
     -- we start invalidation only on Size == Max
  2. (flussonic@REDACTED)33>
(sys:get_state(ssl_manager))#state.session_cache_server_max.
     > 1000
  3. (flussonic@REDACTED)37> redbug:start("ssl_session_cache:size/1 ->
return", [{msgs, 2}]).
     ssl_session_cache:size/1 -> 8610379

Seems like on high load if we accept some new sessions while
session_validation does its job, cache size limiting stops working.

Danil Zagoskin | z@REDACTED