[erlang-questions] Erlang 20 Access Violation crash on Windows

Onorio Catenacci Catenacci@REDACTED
Thu Aug 17 14:21:57 CEST 2017

Hi Agustin,

A few thoughts:

1.) Are you using any NIF code?

2.) Specifically, which OS are you using for your production system and are
you using the same OS (down to patches) for the other system that is not
crashing?

3.) If I were you I'd be trying to run a memory monitor in the background
on the failing machine(s).  You might try this:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/rammap

4.) Use this:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns to see
what's automatically getting started on your machine.  Shutoff anything
that doesn't need to be autostarted.  Better yet shut off everything and
run it and then slowly add things back till you can repro the issue again.

Basically if you're sure that this is only happening on your prod machines
and you've got other machines where it's not happening, then figure out
what's different.  But I can't tell if you've got other machines which
aren't seeing the issue and I'd guess you probably don't.

--
Onorio Catenacci

http://onor.io
http://www.google.com/+OnorioCatenacci