[erlang-questions] type specification of functions with same signature

Karlo Kuna kuna.prime@REDACTED
Sun Oct 23 09:58:47 CEST 2016

sure macro would work fine:

-define(MY_F_T,  (list(),atom())-> boolean()).
-define(MY_F_T(Name), -spec Name?MY_F_T).

?MY_F_T(foo).

-spec hfoo(F) -> ok when F :: fun(?MY_F_T).

also this could be made more general by adding:

-define(FUN_SPEC(Name, Spec), -spec Name Spec).

?FUN_SPEC(foo,?MY_F_T).

but this is starting to be ugly and unreadable
in general i strongly dislike macros in any language but ...

it would bi nice if this could be done through spec like:

-spec foo :: my_f().

this is clean

but thanks for help i will try to see how solutions with macros works in my
code base until some other solution comes by.