[erlang-questions] [ANN] Ranch 1.3

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Tue Nov 29 21:43:32 CET 2016

Duncan, no, if you want to use a different version of a transitive
dependency you must make it non-transitive or use an override to set
cowboys deps for it (though using an override for this is overkill and
should just include ranch at the top level).

Upgrading ranch without overriding or making it a top level dep would
mean the lock file would not match what is specified in the configs.

Changing the version of a package a dependency depends on is taking
responsibility for that dependency.

--

Tristan Sloughter

t@REDACTED