[erlang-questions] Unexpected tls_alert "handshake failure" connecting to api.bitbucket.org (and others) with Erlang 18.3.4 (and later)

zxq9 zxq9@REDACTED
Mon Nov 7 07:27:22 CET 2016

On 2016年11月6日 日曜日 13:53:51 Jake Gordon wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> I'm hoping to get some insight into a problem with ssl:connect (and
> ultimately httpc:request) getting tls handshake errors connecting to some
> (but not all) webservers even while other clients on the same machine
> (cURL, Ruby Net::HTTP, etc) can connect just fine.
>
> I'm using Erlang 19.1.3, but this issue appears to have started with 18.3.4
> (earlier versions appear to work correctly)

I have a similar problem with unreliable handshakes to a few sites in R16.
I know that a few of them are unsupported cipher suite issues, but that is
the minority. Something else is causing one of my utilities to fail on TLS
handshake with a few sites, and I haven't had a chance to thoroughly check
the problem.

I'm sure that its not just the two of us... ?

-Craig