[erlang-questions] Need help with the error dump - erl_child_setup closed

Peti Gömöri gomoripeti@REDACTED
Mon Nov 7 00:23:45 CET 2016

Hi,

according to 19.0 release notes (http://erlang.org/download/
otp_src_19.0.readme)

"OTP-13088 Application(s): erts The functionality behind erlang:open_port/2
when called with spawn or spawn_executable has been redone so that the
forking of the new program is done in a separate process called
erl_child_setup. ..."

and the ERTS release notes mentions a bug fix in 19.1 (
http://erlang.org/doc/apps/erts/notes.html#id108734)

"Fix a rare race condition in erlang:open_port({spawn, ""}, ...)
 that would result in the erl_child_setup program aborting and
 cause the emulator to exit.

 Own Id: OTP-13868"

(https://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/7c5f497ab6f4b145554ee884e9fa0e
c86246e9ee)

so maybe you've hit this race bug. This may or may not be of any use for
you :)
(Upgrading to 19.1 might help)

br
Peter