[erlang-questions] Erlang on RumpRun Unikernel

Radoslaw Gruchalski radek@REDACTED
Tue May 24 23:55:46 CEST 2016

People do that today, to a certain extent, with docker / containers.
–
Best regards,

Radek Gruchalski

radek@REDACTED
de.linkedin.com/in/radgruchalski

Confidentiality:
This communication is intended for the above-named person and may be confidential and/or legally privileged.
If it has come to you in error you must take no action based on it, nor must you copy or show it to anyone; please delete/destroy and inform the sender immediately.

On May 24, 2016 at 11:52:10 PM, Lyn Headley (lheadley@REDACTED) wrote:

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Grzegorz Junka <list1@REDACTED> wrote:

> IMHO both projects (Erlang on Xen / rumprun) suffer from a similar problem
> as IoT. They look great on paper as technologies, but it's hard to find an
> application in which they would be useful. They might be just waiting for
> that great idea which will allow them to break through and blow your mind.

erlang on xen has what I think is a great application: super-elastic
clouds. Imagine a web site with no server. When it gets a request, it
launches the server, and serves the request. Think how cheap this
would be.