[erlang-questions] Erlang on RumpRun Unikernel

Eric Merritt ericbmerritt@REDACTED
Tue May 24 22:38:44 CEST 2016

Comparing this to erlangonxen is really comparing apples and oranges.
Erlangonxen is not the erlang system as put out by Ericsson running on
xen. Its a one-man reimplementation of the beam interpreter running on
xen. Whether that is good or bad is an open question, but you can' t
really compare it to what Neeraj is doing, which is the actual erlang
system running as a microkernel.

As to why a company would want it: Everything running on a server that
isn't required by the service it is running is an opportunity for
either failure or additional surface area to attack. If I can run,
just my erlang service and nothing else but what it depends on
directly and indirectly, that is a huge win for me.