[erlang-questions] How to disable parentheses matching in Erlang shell?

Sverker Eriksson sverker.eriksson@REDACTED
Fri May 20 12:32:57 CEST 2016

Grzegorz,

I don't think this problem has anything to do
with your application.

It think it has to do with the OS, the kind of terminals,
where run_erl and to_erl are started, and their window
widths.

And it's not connected to parantheses matching per se
but rather getting beam, run_erl and to_erl to agree
on the window width and how to move to get the terminal
to correctly move the cursor up and down. I tested with
Ctrl+A and Ctrl+E and verified if it correctly jumped
between start and end of the command line.

I did another commit that you can try

git fetch https://github.com/sverker/otp sverker/ttsl_drv-move-down

But to get this right I think some work needs to be done
to get to_erl to use the same terminal settings as run_erl
for example. It's on the todo list.

/Sverker, Erlang/OTP