[erlang-questions] How to compile faster ?

Magnus Ottenklinger evnu@REDACTED
Wed May 18 20:25:34 CEST 2016

Quoting Richard A. O'Keefe (2016-05-18 05:32:52)
> Why are you recompiling all the files?
> What's wrong with Erlang's 'make' module?
> http://erlang.org/doc/man/make.html

Just a small note on 'make.erl': 'make:check_includes/3' slows down compilation a lot if
no header file actually changed. The function has to peek into modules to check if they
include a header file which is newer than the object file. We circumvented that by
building a simple dependency graph on the first compilation run on a clean project. In
essence, this comes down to what erlang.mk is apparently doing as well in erlc.mk.

Magnus