[erlang-questions] erlang:raise/3 considered harmful?

Per Hedeland <>
Tue May 17 11:05:14 CEST 2016

=?UTF-8?Q?Bj=C3=B6rn_Gustavsson?= <> wrote:

>I agree. I will remove the warning in OTP 19.

Well, I think a "milder" warning, excluding the specific case of
re-raising a caught exception, could be motivated - e.g. using it to
synthesize an exception that didn't actually occur is probably on par
with using list_to_pid/1 (or worse).

Or, perhaps it would be possible to have a raise/0, that was restricted
to raising the "currently caught" exception? That one wouln't need a
warning IMHO...

--Per