[erlang-questions] simple_one_for_one supervisor - what happens at restart? (also: gen_tcp)

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Tue May 17 01:51:06 CEST 2016

On 05/16, Fred Hebert wrote:
>Funnily enough, the supervision structure isn't all that is being
>trusted though. When an app is shut down, the application controller
>(or is it the master?) also runs through all of the processes on the
>node and looks for those for whose it is the group leader and then
>force kills them -- preventing the terminate function from being
>called.

I wanted to add that this is only done once all of the supervision trees
are shut down recursively for that app. What is then cleaned up brutally
is unsupervised processes.