[erlang-questions] Run in development

Pierre Fenoll pierrefenoll@REDACTED
Sat Mar 26 20:45:50 CET 2016

On 26 March 2016 at 20:36, Roger Lipscombe <roger@REDACTED> wrote:

> erl -pa apps/*/ebin -pa deps/*/ebin -sname foo -config dev -s foo -s bar
> -s baz
>
> ...assuming that we want to run foo, bar and baz top-level
> applications in a single node (which we do in dev). Then we have
> (more-or-less):
>
>     -module(foo).
>     -export([start/0]).
>     start() ->
>         {ok, _} = application:ensure_all_started(foo).

I often find the need to do that exact same pattern:
* erl … -s myapp
* add myapp:start/0 that calls ensure_all_started/1 and matches its output
to {ok, _}

Would it be a terrible idea to add some CLI option "-app" that would do the
same as "-s"
except it would call application:ensure_all_started instead of
application:start ?