[erlang-questions] Erlang in a WAN

Roberto Ostinelli roberto@REDACTED
Fri Mar 25 12:17:28 CET 2016

Dear list,
In order to substantially reduce latencies I need to deploy some servers of
an Erlang cluster in distant AWS data centres.

I remember reading Erlang having potential issues in WAN settings. Also, if
I'm not mistaken the communication between nodes is not encrypted, which is
fine if you're in the same VPC but it is not if your nodes have public IPs.

Does anyone have war stories / pointers on how to distribute an Erlang
cluster across different AWS zones (US, EU, Asia, etc)?

Thank you in advance.
r.