[erlang-questions] [ANN] Positive version 13.3.7

zxq9 zxq9@REDACTED
Fri Mar 25 02:20:30 CET 2016

EVERYONE! STOP EVERYTHING! SATIRE IS NOW "TOXIC"!

I thought it was kind of funny. I have a long list of satirical code stored
in my personal files, and a few classic Usenet posts of this nature as well.
This is the first time anything like this has ever been called "toxic" that
I can remember.

Let's go back and beat people over the head with our new morality about that
rather in-depth April Fool's joke about C having been "a practical joke".

Being a real jerk would be to start actually calling Node.js people stupid.
Satirizing a situation that should have never happened is a light-hearted
way of leaving an artifact in the net somewhere, a cautionary notice of a
sort, that is easy to remember (because it was funny) and reference mentally
the next time *we* are creating a new system and run the risk of painting
ourselves into the same sort of corner.

-Craig