[erlang-questions] rebar3 dependencies

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Sat Mar 19 04:14:11 CET 2016

On 03/18, Geoff Cant wrote:
>Wouldn't checkouts work for this case?

Yes and no. _checkouts work fine for local development, but it still
carries that pesky ebin/.

Tristan and I are discussing plugins for this. You could really have
`rebar3 vendor store' which copies from `_build/<profile>/lib' to
`deps/'  (minus the ebins), and `rebar3 vendor apply' which moves them
back to `_build/<profile>/lib'.

The plugin would only need to copy/move files around, and could still
use the rest of all rebar3's providers, without having us maintain it in
core.

That way you can experiment with upgrades, blowing stuff up, crushing
it, and so on, and still vendor your stuff in.

There's simple solutions for it, and we're hoping people can use the
plugin interface for that.