[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP 18.3 has been released

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Thu Mar 17 19:58:48 CET 2016

People have reported issues recently with downloading using certain
clients (like browsers) where the file is apparently sent uncompressed,
if I understood right.

On 03/17/2016 07:09 PM, Wes James wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 5:12 AM, Kenneth Lundin <kenneth@REDACTED
> <mailto:kenneth@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>     Erlang/OTP 18.3 is a service release on the 18 track with mostly bug
>     fixes,
>     but is does contain a number of new features and characteristics
>     improvements
>     as well.
>

> I tried the standard tar -zxf otp_src_18.3.tar.gz and it had an error.
> I then tried gzip -dc  otp_src_18.3.tar.gz and it said it was not in
> gzip format.  I'm on centos so I double-clicked it and was able to view
> and extract in the ark tool.  How was it compressed?
>
> -wes

Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu
Author of The Erlanger Playbook,
A book about software development using Erlang