[erlang-questions] Beginner question

Pravin Gohite pravin.gohite@REDACTED
Tue Mar 15 23:05:46 CET 2016

Hi,

Your receive for interact function is trying to match Pid along with
Response:

interact(Pid, Request) ->
    Pid ! {self(), Request},
    receive
        *{Pid, Response} -> Response*
    end.

loop(Table) ->
    receive
        {From, {insert, key, value}} ->
            From ! ets:insert(Table, {Key, Value}),  %% << you are not
sending something to match with Pid
            loop(Table);
        {From, {lookup, key}} ->
            From ! ets:lookup(Table, Key), %% << you are not sending
something to match with Pid
            loop(Table);
        Any ->
            Any
    end.

So I think this correct send code should be:

>From ! {*self(),* ets:insert(Table, {Key, Value})}

and

>From ! {*self(), *ets:lookup(Table, Key)},

Thanks,