[erlang-questions] ANN: Cinched 0.0.1, an encryption microservice

Wed Mar 9 15:28:05 CET 2016

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 8:48 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@REDACTED> wrote:

> actually I was wondering if enacl is used in somewhat production ready?
> The usag of dirty schedulers makes me nervous :)

The code itself is quite production ready and has a full quickcheck model.
I know of users who run it in production as well.

As for the current status of Dirty Schedulers, I hope they will be
default-included in the Erlang build soon. As for *their* stability, I send
the baton to Steve Vinoski and the OTP team.

If you use another library without dirty schedulers, you are solving
eventual unknown problems in the DS space, but opening yourself to the
problems of scheduler collapse, since many of the libsodium calls cannot be
cooperatively broken into a continuation chain.

--
J.