[erlang-questions] zlib driver in erlang seems very slow

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Mar 9 12:08:37 CET 2016

On 03/09/2016 11:54 AM, Caragea Silviu wrote:
> Some benchmark results you can see on the https://github.com/silviucpp/ezlib
>
> I can understand that the erlang driver api is generic and allows you to
> customize a lot if things and mine it's not and it's built
> around my need to use it with ejabberd but still I'm almost sure if I
> change the interface the performance difference will be the same.
>
> Maybe my benchmark is not realistic or I'm missing something.
> Feedback it's welcome.

I have recently come to realize the same thing as you. A few discussions
I had with users pointed out that the performance of the Erlang zlib
might be even worse when used concurrently. Have you done some
measurements on that?

Also you will probably need an inflateChunk equivalent if you are doing
anything public facing. I don't think it changes much performance-wise
though.

--
Loïc Hoguin
http://ninenines.eu