[erlang-questions] REST server

Alex Alvarez eajam@REDACTED
Tue Mar 8 22:16:17 CET 2016

Note that I very much like Yaws.  I've been using it for a number of
years and I've never ran into any operational issues with it.  Thus, I'm
very thankful to Claes and all contributors to the project.  And yes,
it's very easy to complain while you don't do anything about it, but
since I was asked...  The issues dealing with documentation I've run
into could be summarized in Yaws having many great features available,
but in many cases the documentation doesn't go far enough explaining how
to go about using them.  That probably sums it up. The website has bits
and pieces for you to figure out, which is fine if you have the time,
but it's not exactly an example of good documentation in 2016.  Your
best overall bet is the manual (yaws.pdf) that tries to be complete, but
most explanations are simple and limited.  Many chapters are simply made
up of one page, which is not exactly thorough.  I mean, take a look and
judge for yourself.  I wish I would have written this a few years ago
when I was writing this web app, as I would have had better examples of
the issues I ran into.