[erlang-questions] Proposal: add lists:intersperse/2 and lists:intercalate/2

Mon Mar 7 17:12:40 CET 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Garrett Smith <g@REDACTED> wrote:

> Sigh. Okay, so the future naming discussions will involve with word monad
> and monadic?

leaning /= decided.

* I really like `join` for its context in other languages as the thing that
"joins stuff with a separator".
* I like intersperse as a name because it has an extremely precise
specification where join is vague.

One simple decision could be a majority point: the majority expect it to be
join, and we are probably never going to see monadic joins in Erlang (they
require typed worlds anyway for their full power). Besides, Haskell
programmers are more likely to be able to adapt I think.

--
J.