[erlang-questions] [ANN] soap library for Erlang

Chandru chandrashekhar.mullaparthi@REDACTED
Fri Mar 4 08:35:45 CET 2016

On 4 March 2016 at 05:23, Richard A. O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED> wrote:

> On 4/03/16 6:06 am, Chandru.Mullaparthi@REDACTED wrote:
>
> > So I'm pleased to announce our first open source contribution
> > to the Erlang community.  An application named 'soap' is now
> > available on GitHub which allows you to consume and expose
> > web services easily from Erlang.
>
> I see that you've even written documentation worth having for
> it too.  I want to say something nice without gushing.
> "How kind of you?"  "Well done?"  Something along those lines.
>
> Frankly, having tried to read the SOAP specification, I think
> you're programming _heroes_.

Thank you Richard, coming from you I'll take that as high praise :-)

I used to have a quote (I think from the Tex manual by someone named Dick
Brandon if I'm not mistaken) on my desk which said something like:
"Documentation is like sex. When it is good, it is very very good. When it
is bad it is better than nothing" and use that as a justification for not
writing good (any) documentation.

But I've grown up now and know better that without good documentation, the
work is only half done, if that.

To give credit where credit is due, Willem wrote all the code and the
lion's share of the documentation.

Chandru